mono and silverlight

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Tue Aug 19 18:33:24 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 13:10 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 16:11 -0400, Gerald Henriksen wrote:
> > So it appears all that is needed to keep Moonlight out of Fedora is to
> > not package the Moonlight tarball which is a separate download.
>
> Seems reasonable. So, just disable the moonlight enablement in the mono
> package, you should not need to strip the tarball.

Is the enablement code that is a problem? Or is it just the moonlight
code?
If the enablement code is not a problem per se, I do not see why we need
to disable it. We will just avoid packaging moonlight, but maybe other
mono programs can take advantage of the same stuff that the moonlight
enablement activates inside mono ?

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York