Fedora User Certificates

John W. Linville linville at redhat.com
Mon Aug 25 18:00:25 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 09:59:31AM -0600, Jerry James wrote:

> Has anyone had any luck importing the revocation list into Firefox?
> When I choose the import button on the revocation list tab, I do not
> get a file browser like I do with the other options.  I just get a box
> asking me where the revocation list information is stored, with a text
> field.  I put the absolute pathname in, click OK ... and nothing
> happens.  No error messages.  No success either.

I am far from on expert on such things, but I did happen to just do
this for my personal infrastructure.  (Plus, I stayed at a Holiday
Inn Express last night!)

It looks to me like the CRL is in a PEM format instead of a DER format.
Perhaps the crl tool will convert it properly (haven't tried)?

	http://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/crl.html

Hth!

John
--