Orphaning some packages

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 18:54:29 UTC 2008

Hey guys,

I've orphaned qa-assistant which is a simple checklist application
written in pygtk.  I'm also a negligent upstream for that so if you want
to pick it up, you'll probably want to do some upstream coding as well.
  (I *think* the only thing that prevents it from building right now is
the configure script which I'd just convert to
paver/setuptools/distutils instead if I had the time).  Let me know if
you want to pick this up and I'll get you access to the upstream source
(presently in svn on berlios.de)

I'm also maintaining the bzr version control system and would love for
other people who use it to take over maintainance of it or some of its
addon packages.  Since I've been working on the TurboGears stack, I
haven't had time to package new software or help chase bugs in the
upstream code bases of a lot of the plugins.  Comaintainers or packagers
of some of the addons would be greatly appreciated.  These are packages
that are in the repository already:

bzr
bzrtools
bzr-gtk

Some of the many addons that aren't packaged::

bzr-bisect
bzr-stats
bzr-dbus
loggerhead
bzr-loom

Note that upstream bzr has expressed interest in merging some of these
into the bzr package if someone wants to do the work to implement a
smoke-screen test and submit the patch that merges it in.  (bzr-bisect
comes to mind).  This is something that I wanted to help out on but I
have lacked the time.  An enthusiastic Fedora maintainer could help out
a lot with little things like that.

-Toshio