Looking for new package owners

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Wed Aug 27 18:25:19 UTC 2008

> I can take autotrace and mftrace. I'm about to package more font
> generation tools, i.e. mf2pt1 and metatype1. But I have yet to be
> sponsored, so it will take a while...

Thanks Quentin!

Vasile, my koji devel build of lilypond dies during an mftrace step.  Do
you have any insight?  Might mftrace need a rebuild?  A newer version is
available anyway. . .
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskingo?taskID=789014

> fig2ps should probably be left in the cold, there much better options
> for making drawings in/for LaTeX these days. Besides the rpm dates
> back to fc7.
>
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:25 PM, Deji Akingunola <dakingun at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Quentin Spencer <qspencer at ieee.org>
>> wrote:
>>> It's becoming clear to me that I lack the time to maintain all of my
>>> packages, as there are a few outstanding bug reports that I'm just not
>>> getting to. I think it's time to hand off some or all of my packages to
>>> new
>>> maintainers. The following is the list of my current packages.
>>>
>>> atlas
>>> autotrace
>>> cln
>>
>> I'll take 'atlas' and 'cln' .
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Deji
>>
>>> fig2ps
>>> fftw
>>> ginac
>>> glpk
>>> lilypond
>>> lilypond-doc
>>> mftrace
>>> octave
>>> octave-forge
>>> suitesparse
>>>
>>> Some of these are really easy, but two of them could be somewhat
>>> challenging. Octave-forge is getting big and ugly, and it really needs
>>> to be
>>> split into about 40 subpackages (which could be done incrementally,
>>> rather
>>> than all at once). Atlas is more or less working but it is really
>>> outdated,
>>> and it would probably require almost starting from scratch to package
>>> the
>>> new 3.8.x releases.
>>>
>>> Quentin
>>>
>>> --