Rawhide install/update status

Ola Thoresen redhat at olen.net
Fri Aug 29 06:31:50 UTC 2008

Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 22:14 +0200, Ola Thoresen wrote:
>> Mike Chambers wrote:
>>> Has anyone tried an install and ran updates now that rawhide has sync'd
>>> up again and putting out packages? Curious if some of the
>>> firefox/evolution/etc problems might have been fixed or not.
>>>
>> FWIW.  Tried a rawhide install today, and the installer failed on
>> partitioning the disc (something about encryption not possible without a
>> key - even if I did not select "encrypt system").
>>
>> Installed F9 instead, and are updating to rawhide as we speak.
>
> Any luck on your update or another install?

The update worked fine (a few conflicts with mailx, redhat-lsb and such
was resolved manually).
Not sure what problems you are referring to, but there seems to be some
kind of flicker in gnome whenever a new window is opened.
Firefox seems ok at first glance.  Have not really used it much yet
(upgraded during the night, have to go to work in a few minutes, and
this is my home-laptop).
I don't use evolution, but Thunderbird is at least working as it should.

Rgds

--