Rawhide install/update status

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Fri Aug 29 07:09:57 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 08:31 +0200, Ola Thoresen wrote:
> Mike Chambers wrote:
> >>>
> >> FWIW.  Tried a rawhide install today, and the installer failed on
> >> partitioning the disc (something about encryption not possible without a
> >> key - even if I did not select "encrypt system").
> >>
> >> Installed F9 instead, and are updating to rawhide as we speak.
> >
> > Any luck on your update or another install?
> >

> The update worked fine (a few conflicts with mailx, redhat-lsb and such
> was resolved manually).
> Not sure what problems you are referring to, but there seems to be some
> kind of flicker in gnome whenever a new window is opened.
> Firefox seems ok at first glance.  Have not really used it much yet
> (upgraded during the night, have to go to work in a few minutes, and
> this is my home-laptop).
> I don't use evolution, but Thunderbird is at least working as it should.

Well, so far so good on the F9 to Rawhide update.  Reboot was fine, the
login prompt screen was real big (as in bigger than usual on a 19"
monitor, as in like 800x600 type size), but logging into gnome was bout
the same as normal (1440x900 or similar), evolution is working lot
better so far, and no problems from firefox really, cept it seems tad
slow at times (more than normal, such as screen to render).

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org