libgnutls-openssl and real openssl conflict

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sat Aug 30 14:56:24 UTC 2008

On Friday 29 August 2008 02:01:59 Tom Lane wrote:
> John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> writes:
> > Is there a concerted effort or SIG around this in Fedora?  I've been
> > seeing a lot of the associated bugs attached to this tracker
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=333741&hide_resolve
> >d=1 as I triage NEW rawhide bugs.
>
> Well, as one of the people who got hit with several of those "Port <foo>
> to use NSS library for cryptography" bugs,

These are our tracking bugs.

> with no offer of help for a pretty large (and potentially security-critical)
> effort

We aren't ready for your package yet.

> nor even a word  of explanation of why I should give a damn about it,

The problem is that its been a while and people forget.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-August/msg01594.html

> NSS will get into my packages when someone else does the porting work
> and then convinces the various upstreams to adopt it.  I'm not planning
> to lift a finger on either front.

That's fine. We will get to your packages at some point. You can help if you
want or wait for us or upstream to do it.

-Steve