rawhide report: 20080829 changes

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Aug 31 20:30:26 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 21:17 +0200, Jindrich Novy wrote:
> Good point. I haven't thought about it from the koji perspective yet.
> Could anyone koji related please shed a little bit of light on it?

I'm from the koji side, what sort of light do you need shed?  Currently
all the output from an arch build is imported into the database and
written to the master koji filesystem.  Builds that produce the same
n-v-r-a are going to fail at the import.

> > Kernel works around this by having an additional build put through of
> > arch "noarch", which is a setting at the koji level.  We only ever get
> > one set of noarch build output.
>
> Would it be possible to teach koji the noarch subpackage paradigm so
> that only one build is made? Maybe koji could then collect all the
> binary rpms including noarchs and then compare contents of noarchs for all
> arches. If the contents are same the build would pass otherwise fail.

I don't think that will be possible.  We might be able to just import
the first produced noarch subpackage and skip all the others.

> Then it would be safe to have multiple binary rpm sets and only one
> noarch set grabbed randomly from any arch without any naming conflict.
> This could also cover the kernel build, I don't know any details about it though.

It would make the kernel build less complicated in the koji config, but
not by much.  We already have to tell koji to run the build through
again as i586 as well as i686, so doing it for noarch was just one more
entry.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!