Broken dependencies in Fedora 9 - 2008-11-14

David Huff dhuff at redhat.com
Mon Dec 1 15:57:39 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> Er, what exactly is the issue at hand?

I added "ExclusiveArch: %{ix86} x86_64 ppc alpha sparc armv4l noarch" to
the spec file however it is still reporting broken dep of qemu for ppc64.

So either the rpm *is* being pulled in to the tree eventhough
ExclusiveArch is set,  or whatever is checking for broken deops is
reporting incorrectly.

-D

I know this is an old thread however I just got two more notifications
for two new RPMs:

Michael Schwendt wrote:
 > Your following packages in the repository suffer from broken
dependencies:

 > package: appliance-tools-003.9-1.fc10.noarch from fedora-updates-10-ppc64
 >   unresolved deps:
 >      qemu-img
 >
 > Your following packages in the repository suffer from broken
dependencies:

 > package: appliance-tools-002.8-1.fc9.noarch from
fedora-updates-testing-9-ppc64