Women in Open Source at SCALE 7x

Gareth J. Greenaway g at socallinuxexpo.org
Wed Dec 3 05:32:23 UTC 2008

The Linux Expo of Southern California is proud to announce their second
Women in
Open Source Conference. The conference will be held on February 20th,
2009 in
conjunction with the 7th Annual So Cal Linux Expo.

The SCALE 7X Women In Open Source conference continues last year's work in
encouraging women of all ages to participate in the Free and Open Source
Software (FOSS) community. The WIOS conference will be held on Friday,
February 20th, prior to the 7th Annual So Cal Linux Expo. Widespread
acceptance and encouragement from the user community has established
SCALE as a premiere conference in the Southern California region.
2009 marks the seventh year that SCALE has been engaging and inspiring
the open source community in southern California. Our event is uniquely
community-based and attracts a wide variety of sponsors, non-profit groups,
user groups, and attendees.

Continuing our efforts to encourage women of all ages to be a part of the
Free and Open Source community, we invite you to showcase your work in the
Free and Open Source community. Join us in sharing recent accomplishments,
success stories, and advancements. Past attendees at this event have
included
women in technology, teachers, and parents of young girls. As a woman, if
you've had experience working on an Free & Open Source project,
deploying Free
and Open Source software or been involved in the Free and Open Source
community, please join us.

Widespread acceptance of the Linux Expo and participation by the user
community
have established SCALE as the premiere Open Source conference in the
Southwest.
2009 marks the seventh year that SCALE has been engaging and inspiring
the open
source community. Our event is uniquely community-based and attracts a wide
variety of sponsors, non-profit groups, user groups, and attendees.

The Call For Papers for the Women In Open Source conference can be found
here:
http://scale7x.socallinuxexpo.org/conference-info/women-in-open-source-call-for-papers

Gareth J. Greenaway  | g at socallinuxexpo.org
Voice - 877-831-2569 x130