rawhide status page.

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Wed Dec 3 12:27:23 UTC 2008

Nikolay Vladimirov <nikolay at vladimiroff.com> wrote:
> 2008/12/3 Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net>:
> > Le Mer 3 décembre 2008 08:57, Nikolay Vladimirov a écrit :
> >
> >> The point of rawhide is to be broken :).
> >
> > No it isn't. The point of rawhide is to get different development
> > tracks in sync, in a non-broken state that can be QAed.

> >Le Mer 3 décembre 2008 09:42, Nikolay Vladimirov a écrit :
> > You're right. This statement was intended to be humorous, reflecting
> > on the general case that there is always something not working as it
> > should(or as you expect it) .

> 2008/12/3 Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net>:
> >Such statements are dangerous because they lower tester expectations
> >(causing them not to report problems or not to test at all) and
> >confort packagers that dump broken packages in rawhide without
> >pre-testing and without allocating time to process problem reports
> >once testes complain.

> I disagree. Just sharing my experience with rawhide.

Yes, rawhide is a bit broken most of the time. Yes, that does lower my
expectations somewhat. No, it doesn't cause me not to report problems, I
run rawhide precisely because I want to help out a bit by testing and
reporting problems.
Casilla 110-V, Valparaiso, Chile 2340000       Fax:  +56 32 2797513