Can luks in fedora 10 , encrypt using a combination of keys and passphrase

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Dec 8 07:42:57 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 13:01:03 +0530,
  Huzaifa Sidhpurwala <huzaifas at redhat.com> wrote:
> But i am looking at a scenario in which i can have the encryption done
> with passphrase + a public key,
> i dont want to depend upon just the passphrase to decrypt stuff

I don't think Fedora's boot environment supports dongles for use with luks if
that is what you want to do.
I think luks supports some different ways to get the key from a key slot.
I remember seeing an option for supplying a key file instead of a password.
I haven't played with that though and haven't looked at the luks documentation
for a while. It may be that there are some other options.
The home page for luks has some low level details on the data structures
for the key slots and the like.
You might also find some useful information in the man page for cryptsetup.