rawhide report: 20081208 changes

Conrad Meyer konrad at tylerc.org
Mon Dec 8 18:51:40 UTC 2008

On Monday 08 December 2008 10:33:34 am Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 05:44:14PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
wrote:
> > On Monday, 08 December 2008 at 17:05, Rawhide Report wrote:
> > > Compose started at Mon Dec  8 06:01:06 UTC 2008
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > arp-scan-1.7-2.fc10
> > > -------------------
> > > * Tue Nov 11 17:00:00 2008 Itamar Reis Peixoto
> > > <itamar at ispbrasil.com.br> 1.7-2 - no luck with cvs commit, reimporting
> > > new SRPM version via cvs-import.sh
> >
> > What was the problem that you had? cvs-import.sh shouldn't be used for
> > updating.
>
> It shouldn't?  I've updated packages in the past using cvs-import.sh,
> although since I worked out the purpose of the 'sources' file and
> 'make upload FILE=foo' I haven't needed to recently.  But I didn't
> think it did any harm to use cvs-import.sh.
>
> BTW, is this stuff really documented anywhere?  I have tended to learn
> it by osmosis, deduction and reading the horribly complicated rules in
> Makefile.common.
>
> Rich.

By "this stuff" do you mean sources and the various make targets? Try "make
help" for some of those. There are only a couple files in each branch of cvs,
it's easy to figure out what each one does (especially if you pay attention
to the initial cvs-import.sh script's output).

Regards,
--
Conrad Meyer <konrad at tylerc.org>