FAmSCo elections only open to ambassadors?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Dec 9 07:47:32 UTC 2008

Debarshi Ray wrote:
>> Also, the Ambassadors are an easy to join group, I believe a number of
>> developers are registered as Ambassadors.
>
> This is a very bad argument. Just because it might be 'easy' to join a
> group does not mean that one can join it and forget about the
> responsibilities that come with it. So it is wrong to tell someone
> that since it is 'easy' to become an Ambassador he should become one
> merely for the sake of being able to vote.

Read it as "the barrier to join the Ambassadors is very low":
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/3SimpleQuestion

The actual requirement are a little higher (this is why I have not
joined it), but not excessive for anyone that wants the right to vote:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Join