What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Dec 10 00:22:12 UTC 2008

Colin Walters wrote:
> Just to be clear, the direct push into stable is my fault; not Red
> Hat's or other DBus developers or anyone else's.  I had originally
> listed it for updates-testing, but then changed the update to security
> and in a moment of total stupidity also changed the listing for
> stable.

Are you sure you were the one who requested the push to stable and not the
security team (when they gave their approval for the security update)?

I'm asking because the way Bodhi is set up, I think the security team does
not see where you actually intend security updates to be pushed to, they
all show up as requests for testing until they get approval, and somehow
they automatically get queued for stable on approval unless explicitly
canceled.

All this was so much simpler and more obvious before that useless security
team approval step was introduced (without really consulting packagers
outside of the security team). :-( What benefit does that approval step
bring us? It's obviously not QA or this update wouldn't have ended up in
stable!

        Kevin Kofler