[Ambassadors] Live CD & Localization (was: What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Dec 10 16:41:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 12:29 +0100, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> The Fedora Project however would still
> host the torrent tracker so they have control over revocation and/or
> modification of the spin/torrent.

The problem that this still leaves is currently to host the tracker, we
have to host the bits, and when you start multiplying each spin by 3 or
5 for languages, that space adds up /really/ quickly.  And it's a /ton/
of duplicate data.  The project just doesn't have the resources to host
that many spins per release.

We have to pick things which are interesting and worth the usage of
space.  In the past that has been include as many vastly different
things as possible, and have some form of !English support in them.  We
could go the other direction, pick /one/ spin to feature and then offer
it in as many different language specific variations of it as possible.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!