Installing from Live CD is the new black?

Linus Walleij triad at df.lth.se
Thu Dec 11 00:24:38 UTC 2008

Is it just me or doesn't everybody make their installs off the Live CD
these days?

The ordinary installer CD:s don't work at all for me on this system
(they don't even load Anaconda, some low-level problem after boot).

And I cannot switch to say harddisk or netinstall either, none of that
works as it should.

However installing to harddisk from the Live CD and then pulling the
rest from the regular repos works like a charm. So I'm sure think this
should be a recommended install method for newcomers.

(I would sure like to see something bigger like a Live DVD with a bigger
chunk of default software on, but I guess that's what the spins are
for.)

Linus Walleij