What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 06:04:39 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 11:57 PM, Stephen Warren
<s-t-rhbugzilla at wwwdotorg.org> wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 11:49 PM, Stephen Warren
>> <s-t-rhbugzilla at wwwdotorg.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> That's an argument for not having introduced the alpha/beta-quality
>>> release KDE 4.0 into Fedora in the first place.
>>
>> And that's an arguement for turning Fedora into something useless.
>
> What, usable software is useless? You can't possibly argue that KDE 4.0
> was a good choice given the need to replace it with 4.1 so quickly.

First of all, these kind of discussions piss me off a bit, so if I
fail to be clear on something let me know and I will try to reexplain.

I never send usable software is useless. I said changing Fedora in
that way would make Fedora useless. There would be no meaningful
differentiation between Fedora and other popular distros, and that
would render it entirely useless to the myself, and I would argue, the
Linux community. I see very little between what is being suggesting
and making Fedora "like Ubuntu". The community already has a "like
Ubuntu".

Yes, I can possible argue that KDE 4.0 was a good choice. The fact
that it was updated to 4.1 as soon as possible should in no way be a
negative. I use Fedora to have the latest software possible as soon as
possible. If I wanted shrink wrapped and slow, there are other distros
for that.

Tell me this, after all your changes have been made to Fedora, what
would make it different and uniquely useful? Having "usable" software,
doesn't make it uniquely useful.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )