What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 07:28:54 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 1:17 AM, Bradley Baetz <bbaetz at acm.org> wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>
>> I would definitely say that waiting 6 months (I don't agree with this
>> lowball of 3 months) is too long for new and useful software. Taking
>> the example of OpenOffice, my windows machine has a more up to date
>> version of OO.org than my Fedora machines. I find this weird and
>> unfortunate.
>
> But what, specifically, were you missing?
>
> Personally, one of the reasons I upgraded to F10 before it was released was
> for office2007 support in openoffice 3. (I wish it wasn't, but....)
>
> I've been using RH (and now fedora) as my main OS since version 5.<mumble>
> and I'm having trouble thinking of more than one or two features that I
> really wanted ASAP. Maybe I'm not adventurous enough? ;)
>
> Bradley

I also use Fedora as my primary OS, and seeing as most OSS software
brings new features and bug fixes with each release, what's not to
want with a new update? Shouldn't one be able to stay within the
package management system and be as up to date with Windows/Mac
software where packages are manually downloaded?

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )