What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu Dec 11 13:01:09 UTC 2008

On Thu December 11 2008, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Till Maas wrote:
> > But e.g. it is still not possible to receive gpg encrypted messages with
> > kopete, which is a major regression, because the alternatives are only to
> > not use Instant messaging or to use a different client.
>
> The kopete-cryptography package which adds this was pushed out to F10
> updates-testing this week. (I'll have to see if I can get it to build on

I know, because I reviewed it, but it won't work, because kopete from
kdenetwork is also broken, which is also mentioned in the review request.
Therefore it is totally unknown, when it will be possible to use it.

It would be also interesting to know, why the plugin was even released at
upstream, because there are like two features it has (sending and receiving
encrypted messages) and it fails with one.

Regards,
Till