Fedora QA ? - Re: What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 17:04:16 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 6:55 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> Shrug, karma is optional. Many maintainers appreciate it (I do), if you
> don't, then don't use it.

Technically.... bugzilla is optional too.  I'm doing a good job of ignoring it.

And I think this line of argumentation is sort of moot. I think the
problem is we aren't getting enough feedback into bodhi to know
whether or not bodhi is competing with bugzilla.

I don't think the problem is the design of bodhi "the webservice", I
think the problem is we don't have a streamlined way to pull feedback
from users in a timely manner to impact updates-testing.

In aggregate how many karma votes do we get averaged for all current
updates-testing packages in a given week?

1) We need bodhi integration into PK, so people who choose to use
updates-testing get timely reminders and client side help in send in
feedback for each and every update in testing they consume.

2) We need updates-testing enablement to be an in your face install
time option, where we make the case to users to use updates-testing to
help other users avoid problems

3)...

4) profit

-jef