What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 19:39:01 UTC 2008

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So, what is the correct plan to avoid getting a broken update onto a machine
>> you care about?
>
> How did you know it was a broken update before you installed it?

That's a separate problem.  It would be nice if only the first person to
try it had to experience the brokenness, but let's assume I have a test
machine and I'm the first to notice.  How do I save my production
machine from the same fate (and on a side note, everyone else)?

> Assuming you know ahead of time that specific updates are broken you can use
> yum exclude directive to exclude specific packages
>
> man yum.conf

That doesn't sound like something that scales very well.  Can I get the
package set I want by excluding all other possibilities?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com