What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Dec 12 09:29:10 UTC 2008

Le Ven 12 décembre 2008 03:44, Kevin Kofler a écrit :

> dejavu-fonts?

Yes

>> And you know what? I don't push updates to stable releases. I
>> haven't
>> for a long time. Users can wait a little. The world does not end.
>
> IMHO this is a bad decision. I remember the times you pushed out all
> the updates and they never caused any problems.

IMHO this is better this way. People have an incentive to report
problems instead of waiting for next month's dump, I don't clog pipes
anymore, and everyone is happy.

In fact, IIRC the lxn editors complained in the past the monthly
pushes continued in rawhide (I won't change this, that's what rawhide
is for).

> Update breakage induced by a font package? Come on... :-)

There are very good reasons why DejaVu was introduced as LGC and not
full in Fedora, I don't agree 100% with them, but the breakage risk
does exist and since it affects the whole UI of most of our users,
it's not worth the risk IMHO.

--
Nicolas Mailhot