Making updates-testing more useful

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 16:43:02 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 6:55 AM, Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> In general skip-broken is probably going to need to be the default for these
> multi-repo situations. I don't LOVE it but if we tie this info into the
> updateinfo.xml so we can properly notify the user if a security or important
> update cannot be applied b/c of a broken dependency, then I will feel better
> about it.

Yes, having skip-broken notify users of the problems its going to skip
over, and not silently skip would make me feel better. There will be a
vocal minority who will still report some of that breakage.

And since I'm asking for ponies, if there was an mechanism to drive
broken dep information back to the affected repositories via an email
or bugzilla drop that would also help me feel better.

The absolute worst thing we can do is to just silently ignore by default.

-jef