What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 17:54:45 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 8:42 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tricky, methinks.

I'm also concerned that the conversation is wandering too far away
into the weeds from the problem at hand.  A security tagged update was
pushed directly to stable in error.  Very little of the discussion I'm
seeing here would have prevented the scenario that happened with dbus
this week.

It's nice to discuss the larger issues, but if the ideas being put
forward consistently have an escape hatch which lets security tagged
packages directly into stable.... we haven't reduced the risk of what
has happened this week from happening again.

-jef