What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 20:26:20 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 13:46 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> I think the need has been demonstrated...  And if it only applied to
>> cases that had not soaked in updates-testing for some amount of time it
>> should rarely apply.
>
> But soaking does not equate to actual testing.

That's a separate problem that in my opinion can't be fixed without
creating a repo containing package sets that are exactly as will be in
production.  But, that would not change the need to expedite certain
things for security reasons or to undo breakage and without the usual
test cycle there will be more mistakes.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com