Perseus Digital Library?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Dec 12 22:57:05 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 03:53:11PM -0500, Jonathan Robie wrote:
> Does anyone have plans to create a Fedora RPM for the Perseus Digital
> Library?
>
> http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/opensource
>
> I'm not quite ready to commit to creating one, but I'm definitely
> playing with the idea. I'd have to figure out roughly how much of my
> free time would be needed first.

Incidentally, isn't the non-commercial license incompatible with
Fedora?  And more to the point, aren't these texts unquestionably
public domain (the ancient Greeks never had such a concept as
copyright, and the collections date from 300-2500 years old) ...

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)