Alternatives to serial console for capturing oopses

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Fri Dec 12 22:57:25 UTC 2008

I've got a quad-core dual x86_64 server that, so far, reproducably locks up
under every 2.6.27 kernel released for F9 so far, when I run a build cycle.
The last kernel that manages to survive under load is 2.6.26.6-79.fc9, so
I'll continue to boot it until I get a 2.6.27 kernel that doesn't croak on
me.

Given that the hardware does not have a serial port, how else can I capture
an oops, if one is being generated? At least I hope that there'll be an oops
for me to capture.