Fedora QA ? - Re: What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Sun Dec 14 13:57:58 UTC 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 09:47:57PM -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Dec 2008, Chuck Anderson wrote:
>> PK already has features that yum does not--it shows metadata about
>> updates that yum doesn't, for example.
>
> It does? what metadata would that be? Considering all the info PK has
> about packages it gets FROM yum I don't see how that's possible.

Yum doesn't show the user the type of the update: security vs. bugfix
vs. enhancement. It also doesn't show the user the update comments,
nor any suggested logout/login or reboot actions after the updates are
applied.  I believe the data comes from updateinfo.xml.gz in the repo.