Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

Arjan van de Ven arjan at infradead.org
Tue Dec 16 11:07:57 UTC 2008

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:47:32 +0100
Harald Hoyer <harald at redhat.com> wrote:

> http://www.harald-hoyer.de/personal/blog/fedora-10-boot-analysis
>
> A brief Fedora 10 boot analysis.
>
> To reach the 20 Second Startup Feature

this begs the question, and you knew I as going to ask ;), if Fedora
wants to reach the 5 second boot that is quite possible on this
hardware, even without too insane compromises.
(which translates to something like 2 to 3 seconds on a full sized
laptop-with-ssd)

If not, I would regret that but it's not something I would have to live
without; I can get a fast boot myself quite fine.
If so, something needs to happen NOW for F11, with a real serious push
for this. It'll involve quite a few people and quite a few packages
that need to get things right, but it's not at all impossible nor does
it require impossible-for-fedora compromises.

--
Arjan van de Ven 	Intel Open Source Technology Centre
visit http://www.lesswatts.org