leaving fedora

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Dec 16 12:18:08 UTC 2008

Le Mar 16 décembre 2008 11:00, Patrice Dumas a écrit :

Hi Patrice,

> My use case is old non desktop stuff, fluxbox, xdm, vim, xterms,
> mutt, irssi, firefox, latex/texinfo, xfig, xpdf, numerical models,
> openoffice (because I have to).

I think the TEX part needs a lot of work right now, and if TEX users
leave Fedora, the situation is unlikely to get better (and that will
propagate to RHEL/EEPEL/Centos someday)

We need people with all kinds of different objectives to balance the
distribution and even though we didn't always agree you were one of
the people providing this balance.

--
Nicolas Mailhot