Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 22:04:14 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 14:40 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> Such notifications would not be likely to seen by me as I almost never
>> sit near the machines where the disks live.  Who gets them if multiple
>> users are logged in via X or freenx?  Or if no one is logged in at all,
>> or if X isn't running?
>
> Ahh, but to flip your argument on it's head, you know how to setup mail
> delivery of such notices don't you?

Yes, but the point of loading a distribution instead of assembling your
own linux from scratch is to have most of the grunge work for standard
things done for you.  Plus, if notifications are moved to dbus, I'd have
no idea about how to catch them and deliver using standard protocols
instead.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com