Memory/filesystem corruption

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Thu Dec 18 05:18:22 UTC 2008

Camilo Mesias wrote:
> I've just added a pretty vague set of symptoms to the bug. It does
> involve disk problems and an ATI graphics card though. If there's a
> fix for the current problems it would be very welcome...
>
> I'm seeing messages like these:
>
> Uhhuh. NMI received for unknown reason b0 on CPU 0.
> You have some hardware problem, likely on the PCI bus.
> Dazed and confused, but trying to continue
>
> Also, the characters and repeating graphics on Firefox are getting
> corruption. I'm still wondering if the graphics card is
> overheating/failing or something.

Could you do me a favor and do a pastebin of the output of alt-sysrq-t
or 'echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger' (output in /var/log/messages).

I've had some similar issues on a number of machines with different
hardware (and fedora versions) but the only common point was corruption
in a section of the output of the above commands.

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
Gnat Solutions, Inc