wxGTK2 -> wxGTK rename without Provides

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Thu Dec 18 08:07:51 UTC 2008

Michael Schwendt píše v St 17. 12. 2008 v 21:06 +0100:
> [Bcc to wxGTK and audacity owners]
>
> > DEBUG util.py:250:  No Package Found for wxGTK2-devel
>
> Has this rename been announced?
> To me it came as a surprise. :(

The rename must have been done years ago or better the support for GTK
1.x was dropped and only GTK 2 version of wxGTK with the required
compatibility Provides was being built since 2006 (FC-4). I was doing a
clean-up of the old things in the spec file and repoquery didn't show
any problems. But unfortunately I see that I was looking for
wxGTK2-devel in Requires in the source rpms, but not for BuildRequires.

> The root.log of a failed build contained this
>
> DEBUG util.py:250:  /bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> DEBUG util.py:250:  error: %post(bash-3.2-33.fc11.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 127
>
> which made me search in the wrong direction before noticing the message
> about not finding wxGTK2-devel.

		Dan