Fedora 10 - Boot Analysis

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Thu Dec 18 17:03:30 UTC 2008

On Thursday 18 December 2008 11:21:07 am Les Mikesell wrote:
> That just seems like the wrong place to short-circuit an existing good
> general solution.

Cron is the only thing that is installed in a default setup that actually
requires mail delivery. For most people, a shell script will do all that's
required. Anyone needing something more sophisticated can easily add postfix
or another MTA to do what they want. As for the other apps, they would
obviously pull in by Requires a real MTA.

We had to make this short circuit for LSPP because there is no Open Source
mail system that understands MLS. But what we did might solve the 99% use
case.

-Steve