Proposed PackageRenaming guideline

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Dec 18 18:00:54 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 11:58 -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> from memory yes.  you need a re-review  then to EOL the old package.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/PackageEndOfLife and
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines#Renaming.2Freplacing_existing_packages
> hint at it.  We should make it crystal clear  :)

There was recent discussion (on IRC) that some felt a full re-review as
"overkill" or worse "a waste of time".  I think it's fair to re-evaluate
what we're trying to accomplish with a re-review and re-assess if a full
review is indeed what "we" (IE the Fedora community, represented by
FESCo) want.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!