Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 21:42:24 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, Rahul, i disagree with this. I try to get through the redhat
> and fedora devs that we, the users (about 5 now if i count right),
> just want to see this changed!

I'm going to be very clear on this.  A mailing list vote of this sort
isn't going to get it changed unless the maintainers are willing to
change it. If the maintainers responsible for the package aren't
interested in changing it at the Fedora level, and they have gone on
record saying that it would need to be changed as an upstream
default... then you have to drive the discussion upstream. Continuing
to brow beat the maintainers who are standing behind upstream's
default config is not going to be an effective strategy. You are
burning bridges, not solving the problem.

We've no policy in place that would compel maintainers to diviate from
upstream for a config choice for a usability argument.  Take the
usability argument upstream.

> I am just trying to get a clear signal out that there is something in
> fedora that the people using fedora want to see different

Don't you mean there is a clear signal from Gnome users that there are
people using Gnome who want to see it changed?

-jef"Looking for a new drum to beat? I've got a dead horse I can sell
you"spaleta