Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Thomas Bendler ml at bendler-net.de
Fri Dec 19 17:15:44 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net> wrote:

> Once upon a time, Thomas Bendler <ml at bendler-net.de> said:
> > How would you like to count without a vote were the relevant people say,
> no
> > we don't want a vote. Just take a look into this thread or take a look at
> > Google, the majority of user don't like spatial. How would you argue that
> > the majority of user like spatial?
>
> How many pages have you found in Google where somebody arbitrarily posts
> "I like this" about something?  The complaints about _anything_ will
> outweigh the positives, because happy people don't flood mailing lists
> with "This is okay" messages on a regular basis.

This is not an answer to my question, how would you argue that the current
solution is less annoying to the majority of users? Simply saying lucky
users don't complain would mean that every user who don't officially
complain is a happy user. I don't think that you can say it like this, there
are enough users which might complain but don't know where (regardless which
problem or operating system).

The only thing that might help is some kind of vote or poll. Nothing else
would be representative. But poll or vote is not wanted, so how can you
argue for spatial or against?

Regards, Thomas