Becoming a co-maintainer. How? (proftpd)

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Fri Dec 19 19:20:58 UTC 2008

This is specifically in regards to the 'proftpd' package maintained by
Matthias Saou.  Anyone know if he's around?

I'm interested in becoming a co-maintainer for this package.  I haven't
tried recently to contact Matthias (I will), but past attempts have not
been answered and quite a few proftpd bugs are sitting open[1] -- there
hasn't been an update to the package for a long time.  I don't
necessarily want to become the sole maintainer (although maybe), but
have the following questions I wasn't able to easily find the answers
to on the wiki:

  - How can I see who currently are maintainers and comaintainers for a
    package?
  - Is there a process to become a co-maintainer of a package when the
    primary maintainer is absent?
  - As a 'provenpackager' would it be acceptable for me to push a new
    release of proftpd if I have commit access even though I'm not
    officially a maintainer?

Thanks,
Ray

[1] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/bugs/proftpd