Becoming a co-maintainer. How? (proftpd)

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Dec 19 19:38:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 11:20:58AM -0800, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> This is specifically in regards to the 'proftpd' package maintained by
> Matthias Saou.  Anyone know if he's around?

I hope that he's still around... In any case he doesn't seems to be very
active.

>   - How can I see who currently are maintainers and comaintainers for a
>     package?

This one is easy, just go to
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/
and search for proftpd. Or directly use the package url explained
on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UsingPackagedb#What.27s_the_fastest_way_to_find_a_package.3F

>   - Is there a process to become a co-maintainer of a package when the
>     primary maintainer is absent?

If the primary maintainer is absent there is a policy:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/NonResponsiveMaintainers

>   - As a 'provenpackager' would it be acceptable for me to push a new
>     release of proftpd if I have commit access even though I'm not
>     officially a maintainer?

This is also covered by a policy:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/WhoIsAllowedToModifyWhichPackages

--