Becoming a co-maintainer. How? (proftpd)

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Dec 20 00:48:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:06:38PM -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> There isn't but there should be.  Rahul started to put together a policy
> for that that would have modified the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy.
> It was not approved by FESCo but I don't remember what the sticking
> points were.

I found the FESCo meetng result:

=== Collective Maintenance Proposal ===
* FESCo rejected the collective maintenance proposal (1) for now.  They
had some concerns about the extra bureaucracy, and they wanted to see
how the new maintainer containment policy (2) and opening acls (3) to
packagers helps first, since these are to be implemented in the very
near future.  If there is still a problem, this proposal could be
revisited.

1. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram/CollectiveMaintenance
2. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating/NewMaintainerContainment
3. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating/PackageACLOpening

The logs are at:
http://bpepple.fedorapeople.org/fesco/FESCo-2008-07-30.html

but not at lot more was said than what is in the summary.

--
Pat