Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Suren Karapetyan surenkarapetyan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 22:50:02 UTC 2008

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Suren Karapetyan
> <surenkarapetyan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well I think spatial mode can work and feel OK if Your folder's max depth is
>> <=2 (i.e. All pictures are in Pictures and no subdirectories).
>>

> That's an argument for list view over icon view, not spatial over browser.
>
> -jef

I didn't quite understand what is has to do with icon v.s. list views.
I meant spatial mode can be very useful and nice if you usually use
(i.e. open) 10 folders daily.
You can remember where on the desktop you made your Videos folder open
and where Pictures and where Documents,
but I personally don care where ~/Documents/exams/lectures or
~/Documents/exams/samples or ~/Projects/mytestqtapp/src or even
~/Pictures/2008/summer/camp pops.
And I don't have time to set folder-specific preferences for each of 100
folders I may ever open.

And another thing which came to my mind while typing this.
What about creating a way to make folders SPECIAL - make it open in new
"Folder" window even when I'm using browser mode?
Does it make sense to anyone?