Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 07:20:37 UTC 2008

Dimi Paun wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 02:40 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> You are being self contradictory. If you don't have any hard numbers,
>> you cannot actually claim a majority at all and yes, finding hard
>> numbers is difficult if not impossible and doesn't really translate
>> into usability anyway. I wouldn't blame you for this.
>>

> But this is exactly what drives people up the wall:
>   - Please change X
>   - Why would we, how can we know if other like it like that?
>   - Look, there's plenty of indication on the web that that's the case
>   - Pfff, even 95% numbers are not good, we want HARD numbers!
>   - ... but ... that's nearly impossible to get :(
>   - Sure, we know it's impossible, that's why we asked for them. Duh

I explicitly did not ask for them. 95% is just made up statistics as
usual. I merely said that claiming a majority is impossible too. I also
noted that even things changed with many usability studies behind them
have lots of people hating that particular change.  So there isn't one
particular default that satisfies everybody's tastes and that's ok since
changing it is pretty easy in this case and the non default cases are
being improved all the time as well.

Rahul