Becoming a co-maintainer. How? (proftpd)

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Dec 21 13:57:12 UTC 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 01:30:22PM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-12-20 at 22:09 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > Am I missing something?
>
> I  meant in general.  As things change via FESCo they could use some
> help identifying all the places in the wiki that should change.

I am speaking about Policies, not about the whole wiki.

> The discussion tab is perfect for this, drop a comment if you think
> something should change.

If I think something should change, I prefer changing it myself,
or when the whole page needs to be reworked, I ask on
fedora-devel-list.

> I don't think however FESCo has appointed any people as maintainers of
> the wiki space.

You are missing my point. What I am saying is that each time FESCo
accepts a new policy or a modification of a policy, someone from
FESCo should make sure that it is documented/changed in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy

Not in th ewhole wiki, in the policies part. And it should not
necessarily be somebody from FESCo who do the documentation, it
could be the person who proposed the policy.

Otherwise said, FESCo should appoint somebody to document accepted
or modified policies in the normative section,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy
when they are accepted or modified. It is a one tiume job on a
specific wiki subset.

--
Pat