Font package splitting clarification

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Dec 21 19:08:41 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Since the discussion on font package splitting rules seems to be
exhausted, and since no one stepped up with an obviously better proposal
than mine, I've queued the following FPC-side:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Font_package_splitting_rules_(2008-12-21)

I've tried to integrate all the exceptions that were brought up during
the discussion and that were consensual, and to separate the rules from
their rationale (so packagers in a hurry only need to read the first
part). I've ended up with four simple master rules that should not be
open to interpretation.

Best regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot