Stability and Release Cycles - An Idea

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sun Dec 21 19:23:00 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 06:57:00PM +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> already existing infrastructure. You seem to underestimate the
> costs of setting up an infrastructure, if you want to have an idea
> about that you could have a look at rpmfusion. I followed rpmfusion
> and it seems that it was quite a lot of work to have it done.
> Or you can have a look at EPEL which is still needing a lot of
> improvements in the infrastructure part.

You seem to be trying to build a complete Fedora-alike infrastructure before
you do anything. That to me seems crazy. What do you actually need - a corner
on your own box to build rpms. A guest environment to test them and some disk
space on an ftp site.

Yes you'll need to grow that - if you get lots of users/contributors, but you
don't need to start that way. As it is so well put "Rome was not built in a day"

Alan