Stability and Release Cycles - An Idea

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sun Dec 21 19:26:40 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 01:08:31PM -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> And what is your guess on the time it would take for a lawsuit threat if
> someone actually did provide a Fedora-labeled distribution that didn't
> meet Fedora policies?

I don't see the relevance of that question. If it doesn't follow Fedora policy
it isn't Fedora. It's another Fedora based distro with a longer lifetime.

Nothing to do with whether it can be done, and if it works well then maybe
it'll later become an official bit of Fedora.

The other way I can read you email is "I want to use the Fedora name for my own
purposes and do as I like so screw you all", which I hope is not the intent you
want to convey.

Alan