Automatic BuildRequires

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 23:39:02 UTC 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 1:25 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> Possibly a bug, possibly because something in the configure script of
> the application touches a file in gstreamer-devel.  Take a look at:
>
> http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/auto-buildrequires/
>
> There'll be a fedorahosted project of this soon.
>
> Rich.
>
> --
> Richard Jones, Emerging Technologies, Red Hat  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones
> virt-top is 'top' for virtual machines.  Tiny program with many
> powerful monitoring features, net stats, disk stats, logging, etc.
> http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top

I would like to debug this.  That would be much easier if there was
some way to tell the script to not "rm $logfile" when it is done.
I'll cheat and edit the script for now, but please add an option to do
that.

Okay, cheating done.  The gstreamer-devel dependency is being pulled
in because /usr/lib/rpm/gstreamer.prov is being opened.  Since
rpmbuild itself does that, it appears that the script will tell you
that gstreamer-devel is a BuildRequires for every package, right?

This probably explains why the script is also telling me that both
perl and python are BuildRequires for my Java package.
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/