[Fedora Update] [stable] fakeroot-1.11-19.fc8

Hedayat Vatankhah hedayat at grad.com
Mon Dec 22 08:39:31 UTC 2008

/*Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com>*/ wrote on ۰۸/۱۲/۲۲ 03:34:39:
> On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 21:58 -0200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
>
>> I won't speak for Axel, and I'm not sure about F8 criteria - the pkgs
>> were put in updates-testing months ago. The old fakeroot has a nasty
>> race condition that leads to dataloss. The delta is a pileup of fixes,
>> no new features to speak of.
>>

> This would have all been good info to put in the update request.  What I
> see is a update request to go straight to stable, bypassing
> updates-testing all together, and no information for users about what
> they're going to consume.

Currently, the Notes section in New Update page of Bodhi has this
comment: "Some
optional details about this update that will appear in the notice". And
there is nothing
about this section of Bodhi in the UpdatingPackageHowTo.
Personally, what I get is that it is good to put some useful info in the
Notes: section, but
if you don't put anything, it is still OK.
But recently I found that this section is a little more important. I
think there should be
a little more info about it, and some examples of when these comments
are useful.

Good luck,
Hedayat