Join Fedora. Learn cartwheels. Jump through hoops.

Roy Rankin rrankin at ihug.com.au
Mon Dec 22 20:34:02 UTC 2008

inode0 wrote:

> The circle OS Developer conjures up is smaller than the group we are
> trying to describe, but there isn't very much to those descriptions so
> reading more than the big headings isn't asking very much from someone
> who is looking for ways to contribute.

As a relatively new package maintainer, I still have fairly fresh eyes.
I find the term "OS Developer" miss-leading.

If I am scanning through documentation and I see a heading like "OS
Developer" which seems to exclude my area of application developer, I
will tend to skip reading the text(even if it is just 7 lines). However,
if the title is slightly wider than what I am looking for, such as
"Developer", then I would read the text to determine if this section is
applicable to the area I am searching for.

Roy